Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I Have A Plan

Are there times you just feel lost, unaware of what is really going on around you? I am not saying that you do not pay attention or you have floated off into la la land (although I do at times, ask my wife), what I am asking is are there times when you are not sure about what the next step is going to be for you. I know that there are times when I am not sure to what is next on the list. I find it to be much like when I was a child; my mother would always have something for me and my sister to work on some kid of chore. There were many times when she would only give us one task at a time, usually on Saturdays when we really wanted to be doing other things. The bad thing about this for us a children was that we never knew what was next for us to do or if we were close to being finished with our chores for the day. We would always have to go back to her and ask; what else do you have for us mom? Then she would either give us another task or let us go do the things we wanted to for the day. Although my sister and I could not see what my mother had in store for us in the work we were doing, my mother did know and she had a plan for us. I find this to be the same with us and God. We look to God for our guidance and we stand before Him as His children and we stand before Him wondering what He has next for us. Sometimes we wait patiently and others times we are much like my sister and I were standing before my mother anxiously waiting for mothers next plan for us. Why were we anxiously waiting? Because we knew that soon there would be play time. is it not wonderful to know that God has such a big plan for us? The bible says " He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ" (Philippians 1:6)I think that we should be how my sister and I were, anxiously waiting on my mother’s next plan. Are you anxious about God's plan for you? You should be because it will be more than you could have ever imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment